My interests include Christian theology, philosophy, and the intersection of the two. Some of my favorite theologians include Origen, St. Catherine of Siena, Joseph Ratzinger, and Dumitru Stăniloae.
I can be contacted by email at snemes2 [at] gmail [dot] com.
- Ph.D., Fuller Theological Seminary, 2017—current
- M.Div., Fuller Theological Seminary, 2013-2016 (3.92 GPA)
- B.A. Philosophy, minor Religious Studies, Arizona State University, 2009-2013 (summa cum laude, 4.0 GPA)
- Grand Canyon University (Jan 2015 — current)
- Adjunct Professor (PHI-103, PHI-413 online): Aug 2016 — current
- Instructional Assistant (CWV 101, ENG-106, PHI-103): Jan 2015 – Dec 2016
- “On the Priority of Tradition: An Exercise in Analytic Theology.” Open Theology 3 (2017): 274-292.
- (with Jordan Wessling) “The Medicine which Heals the World: Praying for Salvation with Catherine of Siena.” Irish Theological Quarterly 82(4) (2017): 303-321.
- “Praying Confidently for the Salvation of All.” Forthcoming in Heythrop Journal. doi: 10.1111/heyj.12378 (A pre-publication draft is available here.)
- “Christian apokatastasis: Two Paradigmatic Objections.” Journal of Analytic Theology 4 (2016): 66-86 .
- “Ilaria Ramelli, The Christian Doctrine of Apokatastasis: A Critical Assessment from the New Testament to Eriugena.” Journal of Analytic Theology 3 (2015): 226-233.
- Edward Feser, „Teleologia. Un ghid pentru curioși.” De la Aristotel la John Searle și înapoi. Patru articole filosofice, ed. Alin Tat. București: Editura Eikon, 2017.
- Douglas Farrow, „T.F. Torrance și erezia latină. Laudă și critică la adresa unuia dintre cei mai mari teologi ai secolului XX.” Paradisul Regăsit, ed. Alin Tat. Cluj-Napoca: Editura Napoca Star, 2017.
- “Encountering the Church in the Scriptures.” Paper presented at Society of Christian Philosophers Midwest Conference, Houston, Texas. October 14, 2017.
- “Christian apokatastasis contra Crisp and Walls.” Paper presented at Rethinking Hell Conference 2015, Pasadena, California. June 18-20, 2015.